3D Scanning People
Can we do it? You betcha!
Here are a few FAQs about scanning people:
- Where do you scan?
- The easiest way is to schedule an appointment to get 3D scanned in our office in Miami, FL
- Call 786.701.0700 to book an appointment or email sales@3DChimera.com
- Can you scan at another location? My house? Hotel? Office? Studio?
- Sure, we can do that! We will include the necessary fees for travel in your estimate.
- How long does it take?
- A face scan usually takes 15 - 30 minutes
- A full body scan usually takes 45 minutes - 1 hour
- How much does it cost?
- Face scans start at $250
- Full body scans start at $500
- What files format will I receive?
- If we captured color data, we will send you an OBJ
- If we captured higher resolution 3D data without color, we will send you an STL
- Can you edit my scan data? Adjust my hair, nose, etc?
- While this can be done by a 3D artist, the 3DChimera team is not the best choice for this service.
- If you need assistance like this after your scan is complete, we will be happy to make recommendations for partners who can help.
- Is it safe?
- Our lower resolution scanners use infrared light that is invisible to the eye.
- Our higher resolution scanners use a white light that flashes slightly. If you are affected by any strobe or light flashing, we will explore alternative options with you.
- We have 3D scanned infants, our own kids, and each other with the same equipment we would use for your scan.
High Resolution Face 3D Scan:
Low Resolution Face 3D Scan Process:
Low Resolution Full Body 3D Scan Process: