Skip to content
Can we do it? You betcha!
Here are a few FAQs about scanning people:
- Where do you scan?
- The easiest way is to schedule an appointment to get 3D scanned right in our office here in Miami, FL
- Call 786.701.0700 to book an appointment or email sales@3DChimera.com
- Can you scan at another location? My house? Hotel? Office? Studio?
- Sure, we can do that! Of course there are extra fees for travel.
- How long does it take?
- A face scan usually takes 15-30min
- A full body scan usually takes 45min-1hr
- How much does it cost?
- Face scans start at $250
- Full body scans start a $500
- What files format do I get?
- If we captured color data, we will send you an OBJ
- If we captured higher resolution 3D data without color, we will send you a STL
- Can you edit my scan data? Adjust my hair, nose, etc?
- While this can be done by a 3D artist, the 3DChimera team is not the best choice for this service.
- If you need assistance like this after your scan is complete, we will be happy to make recommendations for partners who can help.
- Is it safe?
- In short, absolutely!
- Our lower resolution scanners use infrared light that is invisible to the eye.
- Our higher resolution scanners use white light that flashes slightly, so it may not be the best choice if that bothers you.
- We have 3D scanned infants, our kids, and each other with the same equipment we would use with you
Face 3D Scan Process:
Full Body 3D Scan Process: