Replace metal parts and assemblies with 3D printed Carbon Fiber and dissolvable supports.
MakerBot Method Carbon Fiber Edition
Print carbon fiber reinforced nylon and other engineering-grade composite parts with three dimensional strength and accuracy like never before on METHOD’s unique industrial desktop platform.
What's New in the Method X and Method X Carbon Fiber Edition?
- Circulating Heated Chamber, up to 100°C
- Dual Performance Extruders
- Dissolvable Support Materials, including Stratasys SR-30 for ABS / ASA
- Dry-sealed material bays
- Print engineering-grade ABS with no compromises
- Removable spring steel buildplate
- Ultra rigid metal frame construction
- 5" full-color capacitive touch screen control
- Network connectivity for hands-free printing
- Automated build plate leveling system
- Native CAD import - Solidworks, Autodesk, Catia, ProE/Creo, NX
- Integrated camera and intelligent sensors for worry-free printing
- Reliability - over 220k hours of testing!!
- 1 MakerBot METHOD X 3D Printer
- 1 Spring Steel Build Plate
- 1 Composite Extruder
- 1 Performance Extruder 2XA Support
- 1 Performance Extruder 2 Support
- 1 Nozzle Brush
- 1 Hex Key
- 1 USB A-to-B Cable
- 1 US Power Cord
- 1 EU Power Cord
Please note: MakerBot materials sold separately.
Strong, Heat-Resistant Metal Replacement Parts
Carbon fiber reinforced nylon is optimized for high strength, stiffness, and heat resistance making it ideal for structural applications and metal replacements.
- Excellent strength to weight ratio - 110 MPa TS - for lightweighting applications such as robotic end effectors
- Engineering-grade stiffness - 7600 MPa Tensile Modulus - for structural applications such as vehicular brackets and inspection gauges
- High heat resistance under load - 184°C HDT - for optimal under-hood and tooling applications
Superior Nylon Carbon Fiber Parts with METHOD
METHOD’s unique industrial feature set produces carbon fiber parts with superior three dimensional strength and accuracy
- METHOD’s Heated Chamber delivers parts that are strong and accurate.
- Outstanding surface finish that hides layer lines thanks to METHOD’s Ultra-Rigid Metal Frame.
- Print the most complex geometries including internal cavities with soluble support, or use breakaway support for faster print times.
- METHOD’s sealed filament bays help keep the material dry, resulting in better print quality and reliability, and METHOD’s pre-print spool drying feature allows for the recovery of oversaturated filament.
Engineering Grade Materials
With its dual extruders and heated chamber, the METHOD X is capable of printing a wide variety of materials right out of the box, including:
- Nylon Carbon Fiber - optimized for high strength to weight ratio, stiffness, and heat resistance, ideal for structural applications and metal replacements
- ABS - Engineering grade plastic, great for functional parts
- ASA - Similar to ABS, with great properties for outdoor use
- SR30 - Dissolvable support for ASA & ABS
- PETG - All-around prototyping material w/ good chemical resistance
- Nylon - Tough material with good strength and lubricity
- PLA - The go to bio-material for sustainable prototying
- Tough - A tougher bio-material, ready for challenging parts
- PVA - Dissolvable support for all materials beside ABS & ASA
- Open Materials - The METHOD X is also available for use with any 1.75 mm filament on the open market with the Makerbot Experimental Extruder. Current partners include Kimya, Jabil, Polymaker and Mistubishi chemical, with new material partners are joining the ecosystem everyday!
Dimensional accuracy of +/- 0.2 mm (0.007 in) right off the print bed, in any Makerbot certified material, including ABS, ASA and Nylon.
“The dimensional accuracy that we're getting with the Method compared to any Industrial 3D Printer is as good or better.” - MARCO PERRY, CEO & FOUNDER, PENSA
Reliability & Automation
The METHOD X is designed for use in industrial environments, where it is intended to be a workhorse for additive manufacturing. The METHOD X was tested for over 220,000hrs (equivalent to 25 yrs!!) before it was released to the market!
With 21 automated sensors, you can relax while your parts print successfully every time. Here is a rundown of the sensors:
- Material Bay - Temperature, Humidity, Material Detection, Identification
- Extruder - Temperature, Material Detection, Jam Detection
- Printer - Lid. Door, Chamber Temp, Bed Level Calibration
With the METHOD X there is no need to worry about concerns of other desktop 3D printers:
- Bed Leveling - Automated!
- Support Material - Dissolve your concerns away!!
- Filament Run Out - We got a Sensor for that!!
- Filament Jam - We got a Sensor for that too!!
- Environmental Temperature - Heated Chamber controls for that!
- Material Mix-up - ID tags and sensors!!
- Print Parameters - MakerBot Print has pre-configured printer parameters for all MakerBot materials
- Humidity in the Filament - Our materials keep dry material dry, and we have a sensor to check that at all time...if it is wet, you can dry the filament in the build chamber!
|Dimensional Accuracy||+/- 0.2 mm
+/- 0.007 in
|Layer Resolution||20-400 microns, Balanced = 200 microns|
|Chamber Temp||100°C, circulating heat|
|Nozzle Size||0.4 mm|
|Max Material Flow Rate||~50 mm3/sec|
|Build Volume||153 x 190 x 196 mm
6 x 7.5 x 7.75 in
|Printer Weight||29.5 kg
|Printer Size||437 x 713 x 649 mm
17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
|Display||5" full-color capacitive touch|
|Camera Resolution||640 x 480 pixels|
|Electrical||100-240V, 8.1-3.4A, 50/60Hz, 800W max|
|Connectivity||USB, Ethernet, WiFi|
|Warranty||1 yr included, extendable to 3 yrs with support plans|
|Software||MakerBot Print + MakerBot Mobile (no additional fees)|
- Consultative approach - you have questions, we have answers based on real world experience.
- 1 Yr Warranty included.
- MakerBot Certified Distributor.
- Educational Discount for all requests from .edu email address.
- Volume Discounts when purchasing in bulk.
- Training, Support and Maintenance Packages available for a worry-free experience with your new 3D Printer.
- More than just sales - we are experts, using this technology everyday for customers around the USA.
- Bring us your challenging application, we love to help!
- Our service is unmatched in the industry - call us 24/7 at 786.701.0700 to find out why.