Print manufacturing tools and production parts to spec with real manufacturing grade materials.
- Circulating Heated Chamber, up to 100°C
- Dual Performance Extruders
- Dissolvable Support Materials, including Stratasys SR-30 for ABS / ASA
- Dry-sealed material bays
- Print engineering-grade ABS with no compromises
- Removable spring steel buildplate
- Ultra rigid metal frame construction
- 5" full-color capacitive touch screen control
- Network connectivity for hands-free printing
- Automated build plate leveling system
- Native CAD import - Solidworks, Autodesk, Catia, ProE/Creo, NX
- Integrated camera and intelligent sensors for worry-free printing
- Reliability - over 220k hours of testing!!
Engineering Grade Materials
With its dual extruders and heated chamber, the METHOD X is capable of printing a wide variety of materials right out of the box, including:
ABS - Engineering grade plastic, great for functional parts
ASA - Similar to ABS, with great properties for outdoor use
SR30 - Dissolvable support for ASA & ABS
PETG - All-around prototyping material w/ good chemical resistance
Nylon - Tough material with good strength and lubricity
PLA - The go to bio-material for sustainable prototying
Tough - A tougher bio-material, ready for challenging parts
PVA - Dissolvable support for all materials beside ABS & ASA
Open Materials - The METHOD X is also available for use with any 1.75mm filament on the open market with the Makerbot Experimental Extruder. Current partners include Kimya, Jabil, Polymaker and Mistubishi chemical, with new material partners are joining the ecosystem everyday!
Dimensional accuracy of +/- 0.2mm (0.007in) right off the print bed, in any Makerbot certified material, including ABS, ASA and Nylon.
“The dimensional accuracy that we're getting with the Method compared to any Industrial 3D Printer is as good or better.” - MARCO PERRY, CEO & FOUNDER, PENSA
Reliability & Automation
The METHOD X is designed for use in industrial environments, where it is intended to be a workhorse for additive manufacturing. The METHOD X was tested for over 220000hrs (equivalent to 25yrs!!) before it was released to the market!
With 21 automated sensors, you can relax while your parts print successfully every time. Here is a rundown of the sensors:
- Material Bay - Temperature, Humidity, Material Detection, Identification
- Extruder - Temperature, Material Detection, Jam Detection
- Printer - Lid. Door, Chamber Temp, Bed Level Calibration
Sit Back and Relax
With the METHOD X there is no need to worry about concerns of other desktop 3D printers:
Bed Leveling - Automated!
Support Material - Dissolve your concerns away!!
Filament Run Out - We got a Sensor for that!!
Filament Jam - We got a Sensor for that too!!
Environmental Temperature - Heated Chamber controls for that!
Material Mix-up - ID tags and sensors!!
Print Parameters - MakerBot Print has pre-configured printer parameters for all MakerBot materials
Humidity in the Filament - Our materials keep dry material dry, and we have a sensor to check that at all time...if it is wet, you can dry the filament in the build chamber!
||+/- 0.2 mm
+/- 0.007 in
||20-400 microns, Balanced = 200 microns
||100°C, circulating heat
|Max Material Flow Rate
||153 x 190 x 196 mm
6 x 7.5 x 7.75 in
||437 x 713 x 649 mm
17.2 x 16.3 x 25.6 in
||5" full-color capacitive touch
||640 x 480 pixels
||100-240V, 8.1-3.4A, 50/60Hz, 800W max
||USB, Ethernet, WiFi
||1 yr included, extendable to 3 yrs with support plans
||MakerBot Print + MakerBot Mobile (no additional fees)
- Consultative approach - you have questions, we have answers based on real world experience.
- 1 Yr Warranty included.
- MakerBot Certified Distributor.
- Educational Discount for all requests from .edu email address.
- Volume Discounts when purchasing in bulk.
- Training, Support and Maintenance Packages available for a worry-free experience with your new 3D Printer.
- More than just sales - we are experts, using this technology everyday for customers around the USA.
- Bring us your challenging application, we love to help!
- Our service is unmatched in the industry - call us 24/7 at 786.701.0700 to find out why.